Thanksgiving is a fun time for family gatherings and a lot of eating. But don't let temptation throw you off your healthy diet. These guilt-free, paleo pumpkin pie bars will let you have your pie and eat it too.
DAIRY FREE, SUGAR FREE AND GRAIN FREE.....but full of goodness.
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
Make the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9” x 9” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, sea salt, and coconut oil to a mixing bowl and stir well. Stir in the well-beaten egg until a thick dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking pan and press it into the bottom of the pan into an even layer. Use a fork to poke many holes in the pie crust dough to ensure it doesn’t bow up while baking.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until you notice a small amount of color around the edges. Remove the pie crust from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes.
Make the Pumpkin Filling:
- While the pie crust is baking, prepare the pumpkin pie filling. Transfer the ingredients for the filling to a blender and blend until smooth and combined.
- Pour the pumpkin filling over the pie crust and smooth it into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until bars appear as though they have set.
- Remove bars from the oven and allow them to cool completely. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least 45 minutes before slicing and serving.
** This recipe contains affiliate links as a quick resource for you. Affiliate links may result in money earned by Greenleaf Health and Wellness which is reinvested back into the practice to better serve you.